- May 29, 2019
- Posted by: sunil
- Category: Technology
Let start knowing Facebook. Facebook is a social networking service in simple words. The main concept of Facebook just connecting people to each other for sharing images, thought or information with friends, family or others. Mark Zuckerberg, Eduardo Saverin Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes February 4,2004 founded Facebook while studying at Harvard University. Before February 4, 2004, Zuckerberg had already developed a number of social-networking websites for college students.that was Facemash. If we say Facemask is the first step of Facebook development now then nothing wrong with it.
In Facebook 2004 Zuckerberg launch” The Facebook”. That time facebook ready to field testing. Zuckerberg his friends take the sheet of paper put the name or description on the page, distributed to freshmen, student and staff. Within 24 hours up to 1000 Harvard student had signed up.
In March 2004, Facebook expanded to the universities of Columbia, Stanford, and Yale.after that gradually open to some universities in the Canada and United States. On 26/10/2006 that Facebook was opened to everyone. But Facebook allows to create an account only for up to 13-year-old with valid email id.and also it’s available on mobile, after that membership increases to 12 million.
Facebook become the largest social network in the world, with more than 2.32 billion users on Facebook.about half that number were using Facebook every day. Menlo Park, California its Facebook headquarters. and want to help throughout creating Facebook ads now then contact Facebook customer service number.
Facebook update time to time
Facebook can be ready to access on mobile that April 2006. after facebook founder gives new updates from time to time:
- September 2006 – Anyone can now join Facebook.
- December 2006 – Membership join to 12 million.
- June 2007 – Video launches.
- July 2008 – Launch of Facebook for iPhone.
- February 2009 – “like” button is introduced.
- July 2010 – Over 500 million users are active on Facebook.
- August 2010 – Engineering center is opened in Seattle.
- October 2010 – Facebook provides create Groups option launched.
- July 2011 – Add new features Video calling.
- April 2012 – Acquisition of Instagram.
- May 2012 – Facebook releases its IPO – which raised $16 billion and gave the company a $102.4 billion market value.
- October 2012 -That day Membership hits the 1 billion.
- February 2013 – Acquisition of Atlas.
- June 2013 – Facebook launches video for Instagram user to be used.
- February 2014 – Acquisition of WhatsApp.
- March 2014 – Announced Acquisition of Oculus.
- November 2014 – Groups App is announced.
- April 2015 – Up to 40 million small business pages are on Facebook.
- June 2015 – Facebook’s AI Research opens in Paris.
- February 2016 – Facebook’s Reactions launches.
- July 2016 – Over 1 billion users of Facebook Messenger a month.
- October 2016 – Facebook start e-commerce all type like (B2B, B2C, C2B, C2C) on Marketplace launches – allowing users to buy and sell products.
- March 2018 – Facebook issued by shareholders following stock plummet.
In all point, we see Facebook step by step spend all over the world.but some time Facebook team face some critical condition. Data Harvesting Scandal. This data was supposedly used to try and affect the 2016 presidential election. Hacking Scandal 2018
In September of the 2018 year, Facebook reported a hack that affected approx 50 million users, according to CNN. The hack was apparently the largest Facebook has ever experienced. through this hackers access to data and accounts of these users and any apps had logged into through Facebook.
In Facebook report approx 81 million Fake Account.through this account tag unwanted images or video many others think we be tag in you as a friend. In India, approx 7000 Fake accounts were deleted because direct or indirect that account use to political effect. Normally fake Account uses to share fake news for the party, person or place.
- Net income was 5.14 billion in the middle of 2018.
- Facebook’s IPO raised $16 billion, making it the third largest in U.S. history.
- 4th most valuable brand in the world is Facebook with $94.8 billion
- In 2012, Facebook spent $22.4 billion buying competitors such as Instagram, WhatsApp, and Oculus. There have been lots of acquisitions.
- Facebook has 33,606 employees.
- Salary of Mark Zuckerberg is only $1 a year.
- Mark Zuckerberg net worth is $55.6 billion.
- Usage statistics
- Facebook main page the most popular page with 213 million likes.
- Facebook Lite uses up to 200 million people use.
- Facebook takes up 22-25% of the internet time. USA people spend on mobile devices, compared with 11% on Google search and YouTube combined.
- Users spend an average of more than 20 minutes per day on the site.
- The average user likes 10 posts, makes 4 comments, and clicks on 8 ads in a month.
- Facebook’s data warehouse, with 300 petabytes of data.
- Facebook generates 700 GB of data per min.
- Facebook now sees over 100 million hours of daily video watch.
- 4 million likes every minute.
- Up to 250 billion profile image has been uploaded to Facebook per day.
- uploaded 350 million photos per day as status.
- Marketing statistics
- 60 million active business Pages.
- Over 2 billion people can be reached through Facebook ads.
- 6 million of amount pay through businesses active advertisers.
- Approx 1/3 brands will pay to promote posts over.
- Facebook said 19% of the $70 billion spent on mobile advertising worldwide in 2015.
- 79% of Facebook advertising revenue comes through mobile ads.
- Average advert click rate through Facebook is 9 per 100.
- At the end of 2015, Facebook’s average advertising revenue come per user was US$11.96.
- Mobile advertising represents 80% of Facebook’s advertising revenue.
I hope you enjoy reading this my blog as much as I enjoyed writing it. Lots of people are many issues regarding updating Facebook. If some weird reason, you still find difficult to update your facebook app and drop a comment in your comment box section. Thanks for always stopping to read on our blog. Do have your wonderful day.